Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Summer pics

Felt in the mood to post pics. These are lovely Asiatic lillies I planted just this spring. They're about 18 inches tall and so lovely! And I had no way of knowing what color would come up where when I planted the bulbs. So I got lucky with the yellow/red/yellow alternating thing. There's 5 total. I'm so pleased. This particular bed has crap soil in it. Total gravelly, dusty dirt fill. However, some things love it. Like these lilies, the sage and also the lavendar.


And here's poor little Eamon who fell asleep in his swing while Greg was pushing him. We couldn't resist leaving him there and extra 5 minutes while I searched for the camera.


And here's one of the lavendar plants. The picture doesn't do it justice. The base is huge and woody now. I think its 5 years old. The yellow plant next to it is yarrow~ which I need to harvest some leaves and flowers in the very near future for a good friend's future postpartum bath! Along with some lavendar and comfrey...

2 Comments:

Blogger leaner said...

Those pictures totally make me long for green. We are in the throws of brownland... no green to be seen and nothing even remotely soothing like grass... flowers like that? They dont grow here! (*maybe in the winter!)

That pic of Eamon is adorable! I love those fell asleep suddenly type pictures!

12:17 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

that pic of eamon is awesome.
also that pic of the lavender so does not do that plant justice!

1:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter