Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tuesday

Things are looking up around here, thank God.
I've been hired to be a doula to a sweet couple due late July. I'm also supposed to be sitting at the Friends Of Michigan Midwives art fair booth~ I know it will be hot an miserable, but I'm looking forward to it. With only mild anxiety about being called to the doula birth while being stuck downtown. Should be all right.
I interviewed with another couple due early August and got a call for someone due mid-August. Both doula gigs. I'm meeting with a woman Thursday who wants a homebirth. She's half-way through her pregnancy and is fed up with her doctor. She's very low income, so I'm meeting her for a consult of sorts, maybe if only to help her find better ways to navigate the medical system or maybe to be her midwife. We shall see.
I've got a friend who has made it known that she is available for middle of the night childcare. This is wonderful to me.
My mom's veru much loved dog passed away Friday and she is beside herself. My mom is one hardcore griever. I'm afraid to even talk about her helping me out with the end of July doula couple. I'll give a week or two.
Tomorrow we're supposed to be hanging out at the lake with Kate, Stacia and all the kids. Fun.
Trying to find daily adventures to keep us busy. Today was going to Sam's club with two hungry, tired children. Not fun. Ordered Eamon's birthday cake for his party this Sunday.
My baby is turning two!!!
I've been having so many surreal, dreamy days followed by surreal dreams at night. And some insomnia to boot. Not anxiety ridden insomnia (for a change), but just dreamy weird thoughts that makes it hard to differentiate between thinking and dreaming.
I had a dream that my maternal grandparents (now both dead) were eating dinner in a restaurant with my two girl cousins. These cousins were raised by my grandparents. Their mother died of breast cancer in her mid-thirties and my granpa died of lung cancer about 15 years ago. It was strange to run into them and since we've never had much of a relationship or really knew each other, I made dumb small talk like I would with an old client or highschool friend. At any rate, I didn't remember it until a few hours after waking when I went running. I passed a Relay for Life Cancer poster and remembered the dream because of the cancer.
Crazy. Not scary, just leaves me wondering what it's supposed to mean, if anything.

I have so much more to say, but Eamon is plucking off the baby raspberries from my raspberry bush. Must go save it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter