Sunday, July 09, 2006

5K

Greg, my brother and I ran in a 5K yesterday. The first time I've run with a bunch of other people since the Turkey Trot '04, which was a 10K.
It wasn't bad, except there were a couple long stretches (well long enough) in direct sunlight, which I abhor. Like, I don't just get cranky, I get pisssed. It's weird. And even though it was a short run, I didn't like not knowing the run. I've been running the equivalent of a 5K at home, 3-4 times a week. At home it feels fun and almost efforless (I plan my route so there is very littel direct sunlight!). However, not having any magic stop signs, or trees that I was familiar with to make deals with, as in: "Get to that stop sign and see how you feel..." That was hard.
My brother and I crossed the finish line together, Greg a minute or two ahead of us. My brother hasn't run in 2 years. (I wonder how he's feeling today?) We made it in 29.3 minutes. Which isn't fabulous, but it's less than 10 minute miles.
I'm just starting all over again (for the 3rd time). I hope to get a lot more miles with these feet. I feel really good running. If I'm not on-call, I plan on running this year's Turkey Trot. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter