Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Twice in one day

I took a nap with Eamon today because I was crazy tired (previous night got 1.5 hours sleep due to insmonia and 4:30am waking children) with a migraine to boot. So I slept through a lovely thunderstorm (rain always gives me a headache~which sucks b/c I really like rain), woke up and had coffee and 4pm. Here it is going on 11pm and I just had peanutbutter toast and would love to have some coffee~ but I won't do it. This is why I need some decaf in the house. I'm always too cheap to buy two cans of coffee and once though.

I had a dream a few nights ago that I was stretching in a doorway. You know how you hold onto the trim at the top of the threshold and stretch long... and then behind me a man came up and held me to him. He smelled really good. Very clean like soap but also manly. He had his hands over my boobs and I looked to see who it was and it was Will Smith! As in The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Will Smith. Crazy. And my next thought was, "Ugh! My boobs are so small!" I was embarassed and then I so wisely remembered: "Wait, he's married to Jada Pinkett Smith
and she has small boobs!" So then it was all right and not so embarassing.
How silly and so dumb People magazine. When do I ever give celebrities a thought?
Will Smith is cute though. I thought it was funny how vain I was about my breasts. Like a highschool girl. Blech.

My mom called today to tell me she got Eamon a talking Elmo Gets a Check-up doll for his birthday. Fab. I had said just yesterday she might try to find him a pint-sized play vacuum or mop because he loves to mock clean and do as we do. You know, one of those Use Your Imagination toys...
Oh well, it's up to the grandparents to buy annoying toys and feed your kids crap.
Sarah was at the lake with my mom the other day and my sister was there telling her to quit giving Sarah all this crap. But my mom would say things like: "But Doritos don't have sugar!" or "It's Sprite! There's no caffeine!" or "This Fudgesicle is so small and she only had 5 Oreos!"
I heard the tale from both my sister (who was trying to act in my place) and my mom (who thought she wasn't giving Sarah too much crap). I had to tell my mom that when Sarah came home she had a migraine and threw up. That she can't have that much crap, even if it doesn't have caffeine!
It doesn't matter though. It'll happen again. I told my mom that I'd appreciate it if she cut back on all the junk food loading (and she declared again that Doritos don't have sugar). But that I'm also trying to remind Sarah the cause and effect of eating crap so that she limits herself. So that when I'm not around she's not over-doing it. Because it's ME who has to hold a writhing, migraine-y child who is vomiting and crying.
I don't mind occasional junk food. I like it myself. But it should either be home made and/or very limited. I'm convinced all the artificial shite does most of the damage anyway.

All right. I have some things to look up and I'm totally ignoring the work I should be doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter