Thursday, June 29, 2006

A first

I had a consult for a couple looking for a midwife today. I think it went well. I felt very comfortable with them~ and old. :) They're young and sweet.
Regardless of whether they hire me, I'm glad for the experience of interviewing as a midwife instead of a doula.
This weekend:
Friday am: take Agnes to the vets. Go running when we return. Maybe go clean Friday night to get it out of the way for the weekend.
Saturday: trying to talk Greg into going to the lake with us after work.
Sunday: I want to go to church, we'll see if we get there. Have to pick up Eamon's birthday cake around noon. His birthday party is at 3pm.

Today I was bad and did some retail therapy. Went to Target without kids to buy Eamon's birthday present. Got him a sweet play kitchen made of wood. (Target now carrying nice wodden stuff). He loves his friend's play kitchens. I also bought a summer dress on clearance and a cute pair of black kitten heels (so cheap!! $7!). And a new bathing suit. My top of last years bikini is so big this year! My boobaliscious self is a little less than (last year) and the top is all over the place. So I got a cute black two piece. Feel guilty but good. I never buy clothes for myself and Greg gets little crap all the time. Plus, I got the first half of my doula fee a couple days ago and felt like I could spend $40 on me. And more on garbage bags, kitty litter, wipes and so on. Exciting, I know.
Now all I need is somewhere to wear the cute dress and shoes to! Maybe I can get my mom over here so we can have a date some evening.

It's 9pm and kids are still up. Need to go and get everyone tucked down for the evening.

Even though Eamon is turning two, I can't help but to still have memories fresh enough to be thinking: Two years ago on this day I was big as a house! Wondering when my baby would be born. I cleaned the credit union that night...
His was such a lovely birth. Both kids were. Lucky mama, me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter