Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Amazon Envy

Amazon Envy.
What cool words. Today I was hanging out with good friends Kate and Stacia. I love these women. I can definitely be myself around them without any repurcussion of any kind. These are the women to go to when I need to be cheered up, when I need to vent, when I need to let my kids play with their kids.
Lately, I've been a wee bit sucked into dumb drama that is driven solely by fear and insecurity (not on my part, this time!). At any rate, very dumb and very highschool.
I was reminded of why I love my Big Girl friends so much. And was also reminded of how throughout my entire life, I've been drawn to large, bold women. They kick ass and they don't judge me or see me as some sick and twisted competition. Instead they make me laugh and I'm able to draw strength from their seemingly inate boldness and flair.

This afternoon I took a stab at trying to thank my two friends for being in my life. I prefaced it by explaining that I'd do my best to be articulate and tactful about how I'm always drawn to the big girls. Kate laughed and said I had AMAZON ENVY.
I love it. We laughed. Good words. Good times and good, sweet friends.
Thank you, ladies.

And to put the icing on the cake, I got an email from my pal Vanessa(who is not a big girl, but a long time friend who knew my old Big Girl family from highschool)this evening, saying she's coming into town tomorrow and we're going to try to hang out sometime this weekend.
I'm so excited for this visit.
And I'm so glad summer is here and hanging out in the backyard with friends and many children is just the thing to do.
Ah, many blessings.

1 Comments:

Blogger leaner said...

Isn't it great to have those friends, the ones who lift you up no matter what. And Amazon Envy? SO great! I love it!

9:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter