Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloweenies

Here's my little Vampira. The first time in FIVE years that this girl was not a princess, or a fairy, or a fairy princess, etc. AT age one she was a mummy. From then on it's been lots of pink and purple tulle and satin. This year I asked her to consider something new. (I am of the camp that thinks Halloween should be scary, but whatever.) She saw this long Morticia Addams-esque velvet dress at the Halloween shop (lame, stressed, out-of-time mother here could not fathom finding time to MAKE a costume). She loved the dress and thought it was very glamorous. She said she'd be a female vampire, only if we didn't put on scary makeup (although purple eye shadow was requested). The stand-up collar was neat, and it kept her warm from the wind as we trick-or-treated.

And here we have little Cat in the Hat. (Not scary, I know.) But very cute. :) The hat was very floppy, but it stayed on most of the night. Eamon walked straight into some woman's house when she opened the door to give them candy. He just said , Hi! and walked right to the couch and started petting her cat and watching her TV. What a nut! Had to explain that one to him. There were only a few more houses where he asked people if he could come in. His vocabulary seems to have exploded in the last couple of months and he is so funny!

I have a lot going on right now, but don't have time to post more than the Halloween stuff. I still need to pack Sarah's lunch and get my bones into bed. Wednesdays are my "early" night since I'm home from work by 7:30 and can go to bed with everyone else. It is not nice to stay up late when I don't have to.

2 Comments:

Blogger ladyelms said...

Cute kids. Cute husband.

9:29 PM

 
Blogger Mid-life Midwife said...

I think so too, of course. ;)
Thanks.

9:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter