Thursday, October 12, 2006

snowing in October

It's a balmy 43 degrees today in Hipsilanti. It was much warmer this morning when I dropped Sarah off at school. Of course, she was only wearing a hoodie for a jacket and scarf (for accessory purposes only). As the temperature rapidly dropped by mid-morning, it snowed and I felt like a bad mom. I was wondering why all the kids at school were decked out in new winter coats, hats and mittens. Apparently, they have parents that check the weather before packing their kid off for the day.
Greg took the day off for the time in weeks. It would've been nice to see him, but I spent the first part of the morning visiting with my mom who came to deliver her yearly fall apple pie. Then I was off to do a prenatal with my December Mama. She's 45 minutes away, so I didn't get back home until 2:15. Then Greg was out the door to go to Lowe's for floor insulation (we're tucking insulation beneath the floor boards in hopes of keeping the heat in our sieve of a house).
After that, he's off to pick up Sarah from school.

I haven't worked for my senior guy for my last 4 scheduled days since he's been sick. I am working tonight though. As grateful I am for the employment, I so easily accept and like not working any job but birth work. Ah well. It's fine once I am there. And the paychecks are nice.

I got hired by a couple due at the end of May '07. They too are 4o minutes away, but in another direction. 3rd baby, 1st homebirth. Nice folks.
Have a consult with some people due mid-May that live about 15 minutes away.
So a huge gap between due dates: December and then May. Hopefully I will get some work in between those dates.

Exciting though. Its nice being called whether people hire me or not. I think that was one of the hardest things: waiting. Feeling like I had done all I could say LOOK! MIDWIFE!

I looked in the freezer this morning for some kind of frozen animal to thaw out and found I had bought chicken LEGS last month. I do not eat meat off of bones, so I don't know what I was thinking. I have to look up how to fry chicken. The kids will like that. I'll have to eat my leftover curried butternut soup and rice again. I had it last night, just had some for lunch and will finish it up for dinner. It is yummy. And very spicy. Totally cleared up my sinuses. I'm a hair away from buying one of the fruitty neti pots.

Other news: my poor sister is going in to have her uterus abdominally removed Monday. She'll be released from the hospital either Wednesday or Thursday. Trying to figure out meals to bring during her recovery time.
Also that day, I will be getting my own IUD inserted. This feels good for now. I like that it does not contain synthetic hormones of any kind. I'm a bit creeped out about some foreign object resided in my uterus for up to 10 years if all goes well. But I also like that whenever I decided to take it out we can, and I don't have to worry about my hormones catching up/levelling off as you would have to do with any hormone releasing birth control.

Wow. Snowing again. It is so strange to see snow falling while we have so many green leaves and green, green grass around.

all right, off to figure out how to make Ypsi-Fried-Chicken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter