Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Celebrity dreaming



Isn't he dreamy? I dreamed last night that I was down south somewhere with Sarah and we stopped at this psychic kind of clinic/rehab. I'm not sure what it was all about, but it seemed that you checked in and stayed a while. Ewan McGregor came out in a white doctor's coat and all charm and introduced himself as one of the staff doctors. My heart was pounding. He then excused himself and the receptionist/nurse said she wanted to test us. She asked Sarah and I to put our tongue between our front teeth, to close our eyes and call out what we thought the doctor's birth date was.

I did as instructed, closed my eyes and shouted out: May 15, 1970!

Then I woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep thanks to the weight of Eamon sleeping on my chest and knowing the alarm clock would ring in 6 minutes. I wanted to Google Ewan McGregor straight away but had no time.

Went to Ikea this morning with Elizabeth and Eamon and had fun. It's not at all crowded now that school is back in. As soon as I came in, I Googled McGregor and found his birthday to be March 31, 1971. Just was wondering if I was the least bit right on. Nope.

It's very creepy even looking up celebrities like this. I'm not one to do it, but rather drool over a small few in my dreams or the days following a movie I've watched with them in.

I don't like many celebrities at all. Not in this crazy idol way. But Ewan McGregor is lovely. Especially when smoking. Which is doubly sick for me to drool over. Enough!

E and I overheard the funniest conversation between two older women at the Ikea Bistro this morning. They were all done up in full makeup, maybe in their mid60s, upper middle class, but gawdy. One was saying to the other how she thought how every teenager in America should be forced to watch the scene in Pulp Fiction (!!) where Uma Thurman is dancing, then snorts some coke and then the next scene is when she's about to die and they lay her on the floor and mark the spot on her chest with a red Sharpie of where to plunge the syringe to shock her ass back up.

We laughed. I remember seeing that movie and loving it and also thinking that part was hilarious. It certainly didn't scare me from contemplating snorting coke, which I've never done (for other reasons, certainly not for the scene from Pulp Fiction!). To this day I cannot watch that movie through because doing so makes me want to smoke soooo badly. Every character, every scene, cigarettes burning. When that movie came out I was in my smoke-like-a-chimney years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter