Thursday, April 20, 2006

Doppler arrived!

And it is dreamy. Greg and I had gel all over our chests as we listened to our own heart beats (there not being a pregnant belly in the house~ thank goodness) last night.
I love it. Imight just have to drive over to Tammy's today just to hear the little Bebe.
http://www.medic-us.com/obgyn/fd2.htm

That's a link to the doppler. I paid $350 for it. The guy I got it from paid $650.
It's really nice. I know the Huntleighs have had some bad reviews about the plastic casing they're in, but this one seems a little different than A.'s Huntleigh doppler that I've used and fumbled with as the battery door reapeatedly popped off.
This thing even has a nice waterproof probe! So no making mama's get out of the tub when I need tolisten to heart tones.

I was doing my happy dance amongst the packing peanuts last night. This is somehow like a rite of passage for me. I've been dreaming about the day I would own a doppler for the last 5 years.
good stuff. And even better, I was able to pay cash for it and not put it on a credit card. Hopefully this will not make a dent in the $700 I plan on sending off at the first of May when I send in my NARM portfolio.

Okay, someone send me some clients now. All the midwives are slower than usual. It's a little unnerving, but I'm putting it down to the crap economy. Most of the people who had chosen home births when I was apprenticing did have health insurance. They chose to pay out of pocket for midwifery care. But when times are tough and lean, alternative healthcare is a luxury, unfortunately. I know the chiropractors and massage therapists are hurting too. What a shame. Health care in this country is so screwed up. But I'm not going to go there right now.

I need to make coffee and feed the Boy. The Girl has been with her Nan for the last two days and tonight she's been invited to hang out with our sweet neighbor. Everyone keeps saying how lucky I am to have only one kid for these past few days, but its harder. The two of them play really well together and without his big sister around, Eamon's a bit bored.

Today I'm off to meet one more midwife (the last) for lunch and a date at the notary! Also have a interview at 7pm with some folks looking for a doula. I already feel like they won't hire me and therefore, don't feel like wasting my time. I'm not being negative, I just have that feeling. Oh well. Hopefully I can squeeze in some yard work in the glorious sun today.

Here's a picture of the kids Easter morning. I didn't bother to remove the red eye b/c I'm too lazy. Plus, I thought it added to the already strange look on E's face. I suppose that's what happens to children who wake up far too early to look for har boiled eggs and then eat 17 pieces of chocolate before 8am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter