Sunday, April 02, 2006

behind door #3, a new DOPPLER!

hmmm, I wish.

I'm all excited about the mere possibility of scoring on this fetal doppler. Some guy whose wife was pregnant with twins is selling one. He posted on the Midwifery Today forums a few weeks back. I emailed but he said someone was sending a check. Well, he just emailed this morning asking me if I was still interested. Yup. It's really nice. It's a Huntleigh FD1+ (google it if you are stock-still bored and give two shits about midwifery gadgets!)
It makes me go all oogly.
Water-proof probe that is super sensitive, can pick up heart tones as early as 8 weeks on some women. It normally sells for around $650~ this man is selling his for $350. Damn good price. And it can't have been used all that much. One woman, one pregnancy.
So I'm just putting it out into the universe...if I'm meant to spend $350 that I really don't have, then the sale will be mine. However, if not, that's fine too. There's a ton of dopplers on eBay, I just don't have the patience to bid and wait on stuff. And the nice ones don't usually sell for that nice a price.
We shall see.
Both kids are sound asleep. Eamon crashed at 6:30. The daylight's savings time screwed us all up. Kids woke up at 6am (but was really 5am) and stayed up. Eamon had a 1 hour nap and was clawing at me by dinner time. I managed to fend him off long enough to feed and bathe him, andthen he was out. Sarah and I watched the very cute Barbara Streisand movie: What's Up Doc?
That is a great movie, Teressa. Sarah loves it. And it made me laugh out loud many times.
So did Sarah. She said in her sassy, 6 year-old way: What is up with that woman's nose?
I said: She's just Barbara Streisand, honey. And that's just her nose.

Funny. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter