Monday, July 02, 2007

Happy 3rd Birthday, Little E





Today is our son's 3rd birthday!
I was going to post his birth story I wrote when he was a week or so old but I can't find it. Think I lost it on the old PC's hard drive.

3 seems big to me. In his second year, he has stopped nursing, started using the potty, stopped sleeping with us (at least for most of the night), and started having real conversations that are sweet and articulate. So many new things.
3 is not a baby.

Today I did two visits.
One for a client who is 4 days over due with her second baby. The full ripeness of her belly made me yearn for the same. The start and stop contractions she's been having. I had those too. That sweet anticipation of waiting for labor to commence.

My other visit was a client's 6 week postpartum visit. The bittersweet last visit we have between midwife and client unless we meet again by surprise or another pregnancy call comes again. I held her 6 week old who has gained nearly 5 pounds in the past 6 weeks! An amazing chunky monkey like my kids as babies.

I must admit (if it isn't already obvious), my ovaries are sparking like mad.
What's come over me? Greg has also been mentioning having a number 3.
But when on earth will we find the time? Not for the making of babies, but for the 1st year of raising a baby! If we decide to ever pull the strings on this IUD, we're definitely going to have to consult with my mother who lives upstairs!

Sigh. My hormones are very full of love and sappiness this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

for some reason i thought it was tomorrow. i feel like a heel.
happy bday to eamon and to you too mama.

11:38 PM

 
Blogger leaner said...

Oh, I feel you! And Gwen isn't even 2! With my IUD falling out... well now my mind is REALLY thinking baby thoughts. I KNOW that I would like to wait a little longer, yet I can hear my ovaries SCREAMING at me! I wish they would stop, or at least hold out.

I love that first picture. It also makes my ovaries ache.

2:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter