Thursday, June 28, 2007

I'm waiting on a client to have her baby before I get a little break and have July off. Of course, that could get messed up should she go far overdue. She's not technically due until today. It's just that she's been having a lot of contractions daily for about 3 weeks. I've been to her house twice for false-start labors. Hopefully the storm system and cooler weather that has followed will put her into real labor.
Not that it's all about me! ;)
E's birthday is Monday. He'll be 3 years old already. When did that happen?
I only realized this week that his birthday is coming and that I need to organize some kind of party for him. I'm not doing friends- just family. I don't have enough brain cells for that right now.
I'm planning on taking a mini-vacation with G, sans children (can you believe it), if my client has her baby soon. My MIL strongly encouraged it and said she'd help watch the kids. Part of me feels really guilty about planning a small trip without them. My MIL told me about a couple in her neighborhood where they lived with the boys were young. This couple would take a little vacation together without their kids every year. All the other ladies in the neighborhood (including MIL) would be catty and gossip about how selfish this woman was to go somewhere without her kids. Years later my MIL realized how she should've done the same thing to better connect with own husband (who died a slow suicide before the divorce was final~so, so sad).

I wanted to do something like this when we reached our 10 year anniversary, but we didn't have the money. Now we're celebrating our 12 year anniversary in August. Now we can take a few days up North sans children. I was going to surprise G, but that would never work. He's not the type to get into a car without being told where he is going. So I told him (so that he'd quit registering for all these weekend 10Ks in July), and he's really excited.

Other than waiting for a baby to be born and putting off planing the details of E's birthday, not a whole lot going on. I'm trying to force myself to write the outline for a class I'm teaching in August on pelvic anatomy and well-woman care for midwives.

Went swimming at a small lake on Tuesday with the kids. Turns out half of the county's crunchy, granola, natural parenting community was there. We knew just about everyone there that day. It was a little strange to be in my loud Joe Boxer bikini (picked up last minute from KMart so I could swim at in-laws the other day--it was 50% off!)in front of a lot of people I normally see in more professional settings. Not to mention I had no good food in the house that day, so the snacks we brought were Minute Maid juice boxes, a bag of Better Made potato chips, a can of Diet Pepsi, and two Cliff bars.
Everyone else was eating their dark leafy greens from their gardens, with home made hummus, and organic rice cakes. And here's the homebirth midwife downing Diet Pepsi and eating greasy potato chips in her obnoxious bikini (all the women there wear more modest, skirt type of suits)and tattoos shouting at her son for pissing in the bushes a little too near someone's towel.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

i was the only one in a dress suit...what are you saying? lol.

i dont think i would want to see S.M. in a bikini- i dont think your suit was obnoxious you got the bod for it. if i had the figure for it i would be kickin a suit like that too.

remember mama you are who you are- be proud of it. who cares what others think....or eat. ;)

10:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter