Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mudpuppies





We had monsoon-style rain all day Wednesday. My kids went out at the end of it to play. I was working at the computer for a half hour before I checked on them again (I could HEAR them,so you don't think I'm completely neglectful).
Those chumps had found a puddle, converted what had been newly growing grass into a mudpit and then smeared mud all over the garage side door,oh, AND little E decorated my car by throwing clumps of mud pancakes all over the hood and headlights.

I carried them both into the bathroom to get cleaned up. S had the nerve to complain(all indignant and in her Queen Bee voice) that the "tub must be dirty, because it's scratching my bottom!" There must have been a 1/4" of dirt on the bottom of the tub.
What turkeys! I drove around all the next day with 3" thick mud pies dried and stuck to the hood of my car.


In other news, it's Mother's Day weekend. As usual, I'm taking my mom (and kids) to the farmer's market for a walk-thru. I usually buy her a lovely flat of flowers or two for her yard, but now my yard IS her yard now that she's living upstairs. Seems a little strange to buy HER flowers to plant in MY yard.
And as usual, I have NO extra money to buy anything. It always works out like this on Mother's Day weekend. Bad timing. All our bills go through the second week of the month, leaving us with about $57 until the next Friday.
And I just paid $47 to fill my gas tank yesterday. Grr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter