Tuesday, February 13, 2007

pre-V day





I don't like the new blogger. My picture is all numbers and letters and slashes and one just hopes that damn thing comes up when you hit PUBLISH.

We've had a laid back, but cold day. Watched K's kids for repayment of her watching E yesterday while I did a prenatal with a new client. That's right, now have 3 clients. Woohoo!
In addition to those 3, I have one who seems to like me butis trying to figure out money. Another I have a consult with (but have a gut feeling they won't hire me) and a consult with a couple this weekend who are not pregnant but are trying to conceive.
Man, if this high volume keeps up, I'll be forced to quit my job. (crosses fingers)

Actually, I really love my senior folk. When he's not being OCD and making me want to eat my own head, he's sweet and the job itself is easy-peasy. No worse than using the utmost patience with children. That sounds terribly condescending. I don't mean he's like a toddler, (okay sometimes he really IS like a toddler...) but usually it's good conversation and constant reminders of taking pills, checking sugar, taking insulin, checking catheter bag, etc.
Last night I finished copying (enlarging and making 2-sided) the paperback I started last Friday. Except this time Mr. Senior Guy stayed home and I got to go out alone! I felt like a newly-driving teenager being sent for a gallon of milk alone. I called Tammy on my way because she lives very near to Kinko's. I was there for 2.5 hours when I finally finished. Tammy came up with little baby M and we got hot drinks at the nearby cafe. To alleviate my guilt of hanging with a friend while on the clock, I continued to slide the newly copied pages into their individual plastic sleeves and place them in their special plastic binder notebook.

We're supposed to get a ton of snow. The news and weather always makes any yucky weather sound like it is going to be record-breaking nuts. 4-8 inches of snow. Snow supposed to start this afternoon and go on til morning. S will be so disappointed if her school is closed and she has to miss her Valentines party.
Like a good mom, I did something I rarely do: asked what I could bring to the school party. Since it's a modern day charter school (and we love it for its many unigue qualities), they get all uptight about food. And I'm not talking peanut allergies. They would "really appreciate no or low-sugar snacks". I can understand that they don't want the kids all cranked on sugar, but school parties are *supposed* to be full of sugar. I don't recall eating organic carrot sticks with gluten-free cookies when I was growing up.
And I hate when people get all elitist about food. I preach nutrition to my clients and my own family, but chocolate warms the soul and feeds the spirit. All things in moderation, whether its organic quinoa or Reese's peanut butter cups.
At any rate, I offered to bring "juice", thinking as I said it that would mean a dreaded trip to Whole Paycheck for some bottle $7 organic juice.
But since I'm a one-stop shopper, AND I needed rock salt, we went to Target.
Those kids will be drinking the Target brand of red cranberry Italian soda. Red for V-Day (#5 red?), juice-esque, cheap, and most importantly, tasty.
So there (sticking out tongue, as if my small-scale personal anarchy matter .02)

Greg was looking at rubber car mats for his Audi. Greg is my exact polar opposite when it comes to shopping. He ALWAYS finds the most expensive item, while I'm searching for something cheap and perhaps even "gently used".
I stumbled into the office this morning to find him looking at rubber car mats for $120!My eyes quickly searched the desk for his wallet just in case he was dumb enough to charge them. Nope, phew. In relief, I offered my supportive advice: "Dude, you better get your ass to Murrays for some $30 car mats!"
And then I fell into my meditative routine of vinyasa yoga in front of the space heater.

Well, while at Target, I chanced upon some Rubbermaid car mats for $19.98! Bought them for my sweetheart and taped a big hand-made heart to them that says LOVE.
One stop shopping, see?
And painfully conscientious of the needs of those in my family. Eamon received diapers.
I suppose the rock salt was for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter