Monday, January 29, 2007

down time at Mr. Senior Guy's place

It's Monday evening and I'm at Mr. Senior Guy's house.
He's been napping for 2 hours. I'm guiltily screwing around on line, writing emails and reading neighborhood blogs. SIGH.
Mr. Senior Guy is cold tonight. It is about 2 degrees with the windchill. But his thermostat is set at a toasty 74 (a whole 12 degrees more than our big cold house!). He had me cover him with a heating pad and 3 blankets. Poor fella.
It's like a sauna in here to me. My long underwear and layers of t-shirts are too much here. It's a very rude awakening when I get home and find that the car heater was much warmer. But we have a nice down comforter given to us and it is so toasty no other blanket is necessary, and I always wake slightly too hot.

Had a big police-like thumping knock on my door this afternoon. I had fallen asleep with little E and the knock scared the crap out of me. Answered the door to find K handing me a copy of our 'zine fresh off the presses!
How exciting!
I will certainly link the website for more info once the site is up (hopefully by tomorrow).
It's called The Birth Project. It's meant for all folks in the childbearing phase of their lives. Not just for birth workers.
24 pages of really cool stuff.


In other news, our living room is finally completed. The shelves are up, the pictures and plants too. Now it feels like home again. V. happy with it.

Woke up early to do some vinyasa yoga this morning. E woke too and sat on the chair sleepily watching me. Soon G and S were also watching me so I gave up after 30 minutes. Still felt good to do. My body feels like it should be doing more. That mid-winter, its-too-damn-cold to use any energy outside feel. And I'm due for a period in a day or two, so I'm feeling extra fleshy, which doesn't help any.
Living 3 blocks from campus, you always see the hard core track runners braving the cold. Half of me admires them and the other half cynically scowls at them and thinks they should get a real life. One that includes a sedentary activity, beer, and potato chips.

Ha! I'm speaking of the cold while recording (as requested by Mr. Senior Guy) a History International channel viewing of Siberia: How the East was Won. I've got it on mute but you can just tell by watching that it frickin' cold there. Like really, really cold. People at the outdoor market buying shriveled oranges, potatoes, and vodka.
And it pains me to walk around the block! Wuss!

Okay, I'm off to not feel so bad about Mr. S G's long nap tonight. AND my getting paid for lap-top joy-ride. Off to unload the dishwasher. Oooo, hard work!

(signing off feeling very thankful for my job in Michigan's crappy, awful lack-of- economy)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be very interested in the "zine". Looking forward to seeing it!

10:03 AM

 
Blogger Mid-life Midwife said...

thank you anonymous. PLEASE let me know who you are!

11:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter