Monday, December 04, 2006

Oh my Bosch!

Wow. All was going fabulously well when all of a sudden, our washer broke (again) this morning. Although, this morning the sounds coming from it were worse than ever. The tub was full of water and would not agitate or drain. This would have to happen of course, while I am washing 2 blankets and a towel, because these things are so easy to wring out by hand, right?
Then I had to scoop out as much water as I could. For about 5 minutes I had this pioneering spirit about me where I went online to look up DIY washer repair. Then I was overcome with "I so don't get this, nor do I have the brain cells to spare trying to figure it out". So we jumped in the car and drove to the store.
This February when we came back from a vacation we saved very hard for, our dryer broke. Greg found a new Bosch dryer for sale on eBay. Turned out the guy lived about 15 blocks from us and was selling it for $350 less than the store. Don't ask where he got it from, we certainly didn't. It was new, although no box, and it's saved us a lot of money via turning off when clothes are dry as opposed to when the timer goes off.
My plans was to go get another bottom of the line (starting at $300) washer. We've burned through our last $300 washer in 5 years. I do about 20+ loads of laundry a week. Greg argued we should get the Bosch washer to match our dryer. Oh my, lots of money. But after giving it some thought, and realizing the front loader would save us a lot of money from our water bill (and the important of not wasting water), I decided to apply for the 1 year same as cash deal and was approved.
The expensive beast will be delivered tomorrow. A curse and a blessing weeks before the holidays.
I feel like I should be living in some Pulte mini-mansion being the owner of Bosch laundry products. They'll be the nicest things in my scrubby Michigan basement. (look that up if you don't know what it is) They're grubby.

Ah well. Such is life. Very blessed and no complaints. Really, no complaints. A little sniveling, maybe. Just thrilled I was approved for the deal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

damn, if you calle dyou could have had our washer. mom has been wanting to put hers in the basement but have no where for the one down there to go. it wouldnt last forever but would have bought you a few years maybe... bummer. but hey your fancy now with the bosch. what the hell are you washing 20 times a week woman?!?!?

4:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter