Friday, September 01, 2006

Little Chicky Turns 7!


Here's my lovely toothless 7 year old! Time has gone by soooo quickly.
Next week she starts second grade. Wow.
This time 7 years ago I had just came back from a prenatal with my midwife. I was 1o days past my due date and wanted to have my baby so badly! I'd been dilated to 7cm for a week and a half, my membranes stripped 3 times and no signs of labor anywhere. So we agreed to come back later for them to break my water. In a way, I was disappointed it wasn't spontaneous labor. It felt scheduled, and I hated that. Greg and I packed our bags and went to the hospital. After breaking my water, it took about 5 hours of walking around to get contractions to come. Once they did, it was fast, furious, and overwhelming. Little Chicken was born 2 1/2 hours later.On the 1st of September.On my brother's birthday. A Wednesday child and a perfectionistic Virgo!
She's such a little power house. A no-nonsense girl like my sister. A sweet girl and a nurturing big sister.
What a blessing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter