Monday, May 22, 2006

summer job?

So I'm officially looking for some kind of filler job. This sucks.
Well no, I guess it's not so bad. The hard part is when to work? Greg leaves the house at 3am, sometimes 2am. I would love to work so job starting in the wee hours to get home late morning and hang with the kids for the rest of the day.
I saw one ad that asked for evening help for an elderly woman with dementia. 5-11pm, $14 an hour. Not bad. Of course, I'd probably not see much of my husband, but at least our bills would be paid...on time.
I also spoke to a CNM who does academia research stuff who said they might need help with data entry that I could do from home. However, summer is their slow season. I need something for the summer. A summer job. Damn, I'm 32 and I need a summer job.
Some days I feel like such a loser. Sheesh.
And I figured that women who are just finding out they're pregnant now aren't due until January. So I have plenty of time to try to eek a small income from somewhere. And I'd rather have some part-time job than take on doula clients. Especially for summer.
So I am putting out my prayer to the universe to help everything fall into place as it always has.
And more importantly, to help me to remember this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

hey man you know the paper route did me well when sam was a bebe. toss eamon in the stroller and make a few $. just a thought. i was making $600 a month when i did it. shelly did enough to make $2000 a month.

10:40 AM

 
Blogger Mid-life Midwife said...

i know, but i have sarah too.
she'd hate being drug around. she only has 2 more weeks of school. but thanks for mentioning it.

2:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter