Friday, May 05, 2006

fabulous phoenetics

so Sarah is starting to write letters (not alphabet letters but correspondence). she sounds everything out. this has proved interesting since she still can't say some letter combinations properly, like "th" comes out as "f".

I've been saving these new letters she's written. This is a new development and I'm loving this developmental stage. I can't be bothered to correct her for fear of making her self-conscious and as a result squelching her keen desire to write all these crazy signs and letters.
Here's her first one to us:
DER MOM AND DAD
I MESH YOU VARE MYK
YOUR DATR
SARAH
I LOVE YOU
HOW IS EAMON

and one more from when she stayed the night with our neighbor:
TO MAMA AND DAD
AND EAMON
DER MOM AND DAD
TODAY I AM RADE TO KUM HOME
HOW IS EAMON
LOVE SARAH

isn't that so cool? I love DATR for daughter!
she made a sign for school that said something about remembering to recycle and to throw your garbage away. but because she can't say "th" she wrote "throw" as FUROW.
it read FUROW YOUR GARBEJ AWAY
it took me a few minutes to figure it out. i had to imagine her voice sounding the words out to guess what it was. even her teacher didn't get it until I told her to pronounce the words as Sarah would. how fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter