Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday morning

I recently foind this blog. It's all food with lovely pictures. Really good sounding food. I haven't tried making anything yet.
http://food-forthought.blogspot.com/

Speaking of food, we were at Target yesterday quickly getting toilet paper and diapers. I went down the snacky food aisle to get fruit cups for Sarah's lunch (or rather, chunks of old fruit preserved in high fructose corn syrup~yumm). We were hit with shelves and shelves of squishy fruit snacks (that surely contained no fruit), strangely colored twisty "fruitty" things and pudding that required no refrigeration. Sarah immediately went into ooooh and aaah mode and started beggin for just one box of something. My dad was with me and thought the whole thing was funny. He would've bought her 5 boxes of anything she wanted. At any rate, I let her pick out one box of something, telling her I'd never buy them again. So she picked out these things called Twistables or something like that. They were that gross "green apple" color/flavor squisky sticks braided together for a lunch time snack. She ate one in the car and frankly, seemed a bit disappointed.
I've got nothing against sugar. Not a darn thing. However, gelatin made with high fructose corn syrup stuff is surely made by Satan himself. Satan dressed as a Keebler elf.
I prefer my sugar in the form of home made cake or a bar of nice dark, dark chocolate. Or even a tub of really good ice cream.
We'll see how long the Twistables stay on our shelf. Two years ago my MIL gave us a box of fruit snacks. They stayed in the pantry, minus one package, for about 18 months.

All right. It's after 9am so I can now do all my business calls for the day. Unfortunately not pertaining to my business. With the purchase of our new TV 2 months ago, we found out we are getting all these cable channels we don't pay for. I promptly called Comcast to tell them. I don't want them! Take them back!
Sarah told me how much she loves our new TV because it came with all these channels like Cartoon Network and Nick Jr,Disney. Argh.
I want my 15 channels back. PBS the morning Arthur viewing before school. The Style channel and Discovery Health for the rare night I watch TV by myself.
Comcast told me they would send someone to fix the situation and that I needn't be home for this magic to happen, but we still have all these channels. And Greg has no problem turning it on for her.
Oh, also need to call the water department to schedule payments for our whomping water bill.
Grrr.

And then I'm off to hopefully write a rough draft for a brochure.
And to clean this trashed house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter