Monday, May 15, 2006

cable idiocy

So I called Comcast. After agood 3 minutes of pressing 1 for this and 8 for that and 3 for a shave, I finally got through to someone. I explained my situation, saying I'm receiving channels I'm not paying for and do not want. So this guy takes another 3-4 minutes looking up my stats and then tells me someone will be out tomorrow to take a look at it. And THEN he asks: "Mam, can I ask why you only have the basic package? For just blah-blah a month you could have so many more channels. I mean, what do you watch?"
Interesting this. I'm always amazed at who they let answer the phone at some places.

I explained again: "I'm getting all the channels that I would get in a much higher priced package. I'm getting them for free and do not want them. I'm telling you I'm getting them for free and do not want them. I called you a few weeks ago and asked you to fix this situation. So why would I pay for this package when I'm currently getting it for free? We don't watch much tv. I've got little kids and they don't need 24 hours of cartoons. Seriously. We get movies from the library and we watch PBS in the morning. And when we're not in front of our Tv we do crazy, zany things like GO OUTSIDE."

Argh. Now you know that the icing on the cake to all of this is to have 6 months pass and then get a fine from Comcast saying that we received the full channel package without paying for it and if we don't pay the fine we'll be sent to jail. Grrrrr.

Just had to update this before I exploded.

Off to marketing land. That would be self-marketing. Yes, I would much rather go shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter