Monday, February 27, 2006

We're back.




Eamon pointing at sea gulls an pelicans. Here's Sarah and Greg at the beach.

I love this picture. They look like book ends~different sized book ends, but I know that if I could walk around to the front of them, they'd have the same expression on their faces.

We had a great vacation. I'm really happy to say that. I had a lot of apprehension about being away for 2 weeks with "nothing to do". Greg has a really hard time chilling out and not feeling guilty that he's not "doing something constructive". Greg is telling everyone that he had a great time and that he can't believe that he had a great time! He's mellowing with age, thank God.

We went to Disney, these beautiful Japanese botanical gardens, to the Seaquarium in Miami, to an outlet mall, to various parks and animal refuges, and to the beach nearly every day. The temps were usually at 80 degrees or so. Only tourists were swimming in the ocean, but it was lovely. We've got a garbage bag full of the sea shells we collected. Endless photos of plants and pelicans and us at the beach. We left saying, "We'll have to do this every year." I hope we can. Leaving Michigan in February is so nice! Every day was sunny. It wasn't too hot and it wasn't humid. It was just enough. I'm happy to be home though. I have a new respect for the seasons (I really like our seasons~just long enough to make you yearn for the next one). I also really like our house. After spending 2 weeks in an all white condo (that belongs to a very anal retentice clean freak), I am happy to be in our many-colored rooms with pets and too many books and toys. Sometimes you just gotta get away to realize what you have is pretty nice. (If not a little on the chilly side tho.)

1 Comments:

Blogger leaner said...

I totally understand all of that! We went to CA this summer and it was nice, we spent time on the beach and stayed in someone's house, a friend of a relative.
Although we did NOT come home saying lets do that again, Disney was awful (being 8 months pg and having a sunburn does not a good time make!)
I am quite glad you feel refreshed, and it really does make you appreciate your own stuff, and pets, even more!

1:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter