Tuesday, January 31, 2006

2 weeks out and BORED

This free time is killing me! No, not really. I don't make a very good SAHM. I am bored. I need some stimulation. Being a housewife does not suit me. As soon as I drop Sarah off at school and Eamon and I are home again, I am literally counting the hours to nap time. And Eamon is a good kid. Very easy going, doesn't throw tantrums, rarely cries. I'm just bored. I look forward to nap time and even the appeal of that is wearing off.
I'm doing vinyasa yoga again and that feels good. I feel strong and...erect? Ha! But true.
Studying, is a chore. My house is clean. The laundry is done.
I want to work. Can it be true?Do I miss prenatals? OH, shoot me!
All these months of moaning about having to be somewhere nearly every day. My time being not my own, yada yada. And now here I am complaining that I have nothing meaningful to do?

And that's not to say that being a mama isn't meaningful. It certainly is. But for me it's not enough. I think I run best when I have a few too many plates to balance.
I musn't thrive on bad energy though.
I'm re-learning how to just be, perhaps.

Yesterday was nice because not only did I get in an hour of yoga during Eamon's nap, but Greg came home during that time and I pounced on him. All before 1:30pm. Fabulous. I feel like I'm in my early 20s again. I'm thinking about sex a lot. Out of boredom, surely. My Sex and The City alter ego is trying to come out. "Lets get drinks, wear fabulous clothes and have reckless sex!" Reality: We're all too tired to go out past 9pm. We can't get a sitter anyway. If I drink too much I'll be a dehydrated crab-ass all the next day (and maybe even break another pair of glasses). And if we can manage to stay up 10 minutes past the kids going to sleep, maybe we can work in a half hour to have sex, quickly shower and pass out by 9:35.

Ah hell, I don't even know why I'm bothering to contemplate this current mood. This is supposed to be my down-time, right? My time off before jumping back into being on call, hanging my shingle, being a midwife, etc. Let me just honor this, alter ego and all.

I'm only writing because I am bored.
Back to my sudoku puzzles. Oy vey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mid-life Midwife said...

um, what?

12:49 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

looks like a random post from a drugged up schizophrenic poet from the uk. those damn brittish folk. hah!

9:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter