Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Oh bitch and moan

I've got a killer headache now and I'm freezing.

My dad keeps calling me with the play by play of what the rental car places are telling him about renting our Florida rental car. He's not making me crazy (yet), but I feel like crawling under a rock. He's very sweet, and even though it's not me paying for the car, every time he mentions the price I want to vomit. It's so much money. Cheaper than air fare, but ridiculous.

I'm trying to look over this dumb skills guide for NARM again b/c I have a meeting with one of the midwives Friday morning to sign me off on what is hopefully the last of my sign-offs.
And then the delightful part of trying to study and find the money for NARM.
It occured to me the other day that I have a lovely motorcycle in the garage to sell should I need the money. However, I think Greg would be pissed. On the other hand, I've not ridden the damn thing in 2 years. One, b/c I was pregnant with Eamon and two, last year Eamon was still too much a baby for me to ride. That whole mortality thing.
I really love riding it,but it's so not pratical. It's a gorgeous little bike. Ahhh. I bet I could get $1800 for it. I betcha. It's 22 years old now and in really good condition. Triumph has made a replica bike of it. I saw the ad in a magazine last month. Very retro. Same old style tank and seat, with the 2 same-side side pipes in all their chromey splendor. $1800 would leave me $400 for our hungry checking account. Greg thinks I could only get $1300 or so for it. I have faith that it would fetch more. I rode it to the A2 motorcycle show-off-your-bike day and all these older guys were smitten by my bike. Saying they had the same thing in the mid 70s, it was their first bike, etc. I would be selling for the nostalgic rider. :)

Eamon is napping and it's only 11am. I think I'm going to crash out with him.
I'm pissy piss piss. And cold. And have a headache. What a delightful girl I am!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

whooho on getting the final sign offs!

12:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter