Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Night Shift

G is back to the afternoon shift. He hasn't worked this 2:30pm-11pm shift since S was 3 1/2. I was actively apprenticing and going to a lot of births then. Finding childcare was tough.
I like this shift though. We get to see him in the morning/early afternoon. Then I can do dinner, homework, watch AFV rerun at 7pm and get the kids into bed at 8 without there being another adult to mess up our mojo. Or, another adult around for the kids to stall/plead with.
I admit, I'm not on top of it tonight. It's 8:15 and S is playing dolls in her room and E is playing his Leapster. I only got on to check my email and then decided to blah blah blog.

Nothing terribly exciting. I have a first time mom who is 41+ weeks. She and baby are doing great. She has total faith in her body to go into labor when ready. I love this about her. I always have to call my sister when I get someone very post dates. My sister had a hospital birth 23 years ago (when OBs were far more laid back about EDDs). She had her son at 42w6days. Spontaneous, 4 hour labor. Healthy mom, healthy baby. I attended (or rather, just missed) a birth in November of a woman who was nearly 43 weeks. She went 2weeks+ over for each of her 3 pregnancies. And that baby had so much vernix on it!

I would love it though, if this mama of mine went into labor tonight or tomorrow. I've got February clients coming up who could really go at any time.
Trust the process.
Oh, and there's a beautiful full moon on this cold, clear night. Maybe that will work some belly contracting mojo. ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I just discovered your blog recently and read all your archives over the last few (very slow)days at work. Love the blog! I am a mom of two babies born at home who has always been a bit birth obsessed and always wish I'd been a midwife. I've very much enjoyed following your journey to being a midwife. So glad there are ladies out there actually doing it. It makes me dream a little.

Jessica
http://tangledyarn.typepad.com

4:51 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

oddly i have not had back problems since my knock me on my ass sickness. i feel like i am born again!

7:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter