Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hey Ladies...

Funny, but I've realized that going to the library at story time is the way to pick up the ladies. That is, the pregnant ladies. Or, ladies in their childbearing years.
Yesterday I went to story time with a friend and saw two old clients, and met a pregnant mom. Today we went to the other library to pick up a book I ordered on loan, met an old client with a brief hello and oohs and aahs over her beautiful children.
A few minutes later and she's quickly and quietly asking me over bookshelves if I do well woman care too. It kinda felt After-School-Special-ish. Very clandestine discussion about Pap tests.

On the way home my sister called and I told her I had just left the library. She laughed because nearly every time she calls me I'm at the library. I told her about all the mamas I met up with and how I have to be in Good Mom mode out in public in case an old client hears me bribing my kids with chocolate or some computer time once we're home. And I can't raise my voice and be THAT mom who is threatening to leave her whiney children right where they are as I go to the checkout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter