Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Bored and Bitchy




We are HOT and we are BORED.
And we are all whining a lot more than we should be.

I am done with summer. By the end of the first week of August, I am always ready for cool autumn days, baking without making the kitchen 95 degrees, and not sweating.
I think, no I know that I have OCD issues with sweating. I HATE it. I don't mind sweating if I am doing something productive like yard work, sex, or working out. What I hate is getting up from the couch to the kitchen to get a drink and having sweat drip down my back and belly.
And all those people who live in Michigan too who claim to LOVE summer and shush me for desiring cooler weather all happen to have marvelous central air systems and keep their homes at a comfy 74.
We have our thermostat in the kitchen. In the morning when I wake up it is generally 83 degrees. After I make toast (about 4 feet away from the thermostat), the kitchen is 85 degrees.
So imagine what turning on the oven does. We made cupcakes last night. The oven was on for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
I'm ready for a little cooler temps.

We are fortunate to have window air conditioners in the house and they do help tremendously (in the rooms that they are in). However, the price of running the damn things is crazy. Like our winter gas bill.

What a terrible post!
I'll shut up now. I just needed to vent.

2 Comments:

Blogger leaner said...

Yuck. I hate sweating for no reason, too. But living here in the desert, its part of life. I also long for the cooler days. Sometimes I long to move somewhere that it never gets above 75.

I have been watching CNN and giggling at the heat wave sweeping the country. Simply because for some strange reason we have been under the century mark (yeah that means its only 99 here), while others are getting that awful heat we are usually dealing with!

Oh well only 2 more months of above 80s in the desert southwest! yucky, so post lost of pretty autumn pictures, for me, ok? (And PLEASE- I am serious! brag about how great the weather is! and I will pretend I am there hanging out in Michigan!)

5:09 PM

 
Blogger Housefairy said...

Love your blog!
Im here in Mi too and I H A T E the weather. I think everyday when it is hot and muggy and unbearable, "Who actually likes this? Does some sick lunatic actualy LIKE this??"

Autumn comes, and I am one of the nicest people in the world.

11:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter