Saturday, August 26, 2006

breathing room

Things are better. As I expected, my worse-case-scenario husband worked 12 hours the next day because work was so busy. He worked his day off. Chrysler said they'd gladly fill the gap GM will be leaving in the rail yard. I suppose there is still a hint of wait-and-see, but overall, I think it'll be allright.
In the meantime, we've moved on. Celebrated our anniversary, the next day. Had a nice lunch without kids at Cady's. I now have 23 hours a week helping 2 different senior couples (both are sweet and I feel guilty about fulfilling my "I-had-shitty-grandparents" issues!). At any rate, this will be a change for us. My schedule starting Monday will be 6-11pm, Mon, Tues. Thurs, Fri.
Cleaning as usual on Wednesday evenings and a weekend day. And on Friday I have a 2-5pm, to be followed by the 6-11pm.
It'll be quite a change not being home for Sarah in the evening after she's spent all day in school. But at least I'll be able to pick her up and have dinner before I have to leave. And the guy for the 6-11 spot is 3 miles away. At least I'll have weekends off, except for having to clean the CU, which is only 2 hours of my day.
See, let's hope all of this will see us through whatever and in the meantime I continue to get calls from people needing a midwife. People getting pregnant now will be due in April/May and so on. I could take clients and then be on-call in the Spring. Providing prenatal care during the daytime hours. This is my ever-hopeful Plan. Things, I feel are looking up, so this shall too.
The few calls I have received have been from sweet women really wanting a homebirth, but not having the money to pay for one. Or, their husbands are not sure, etc. So we talk on the phone, we both get hopeful and then, sigh, we both hang up saying, Hmmm, nah, it won't work.

It will all come together. I recently re-hung brochures and sent a fresh mailing with brochures to more alternative practitioners in the area. I also found a new spot to hang them where there are a lot of mamas. And, if I'm not at T's birth, there's the local birth expo coming up on the 9th, to which I have a table reserved.

The other thing I have to focus onis getting the kids to bed early (7pm) and waking them up early. We need to get them on this schedule if Greg's gonna be in charge of bedtime in my absence. I mean to get up earlier, but today it was 7:15. And I'm going to do my best not to let Eamon nap today. It'll be easier once we're back in the swing of school time, when Sarah hits the hay totally wiped out from their 3 recesses and running around. Eamon is another story. It really comes down to waking him up and not letting him nap so long. Which, when I'm home alone and he's napping, it can get hard to wake him. 2 hours of alone, quiet, study time is not something I wan't to interrupt.

So there's my update. Still trying to figure out whether to rent the upstairs or not. I really don't want to, and also worry about where my mom will go if her house does sell (she has 30 days to vacate after that). However, if it's another 8 months or so. Ach, yk?

Off to clean and feed people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter