Thursday, July 27, 2006

more examples of my stellar mothering

we're enjoying a laid back moment. kids are playing with PlayDoh at the table listening to music. i'm bouncing around the house doing my housework, checking emails, etc.
it just dawned on me that the kids are listening to Lou Reed sing about Shiny, shiny boots of leather....
know that one? "kiss the boot~ of shiny, shiny leather..." Kids need to hear a slow sung Velvet Underground song about bondage at 8am.
it doesn't count tho, right? I mean, that song was being sung when I was a wee babe.
oh, we also watched old Mystery Science Theater 3K (a borrowed 4 disc box set) this morning for a good hour or so before shifting off into our day.
Sarah thought it was hilarious. We were all chuckling. It is hilarious.

I'm sorry, but I just can't stand music made for children. Even the kind that's not supposed to sound like children's music.
And I swear we've seen every Arthur episode.

its good to give the little kids culture, you know?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

i am with ya sister!

10:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter