Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday night check in

I'm so disappointed in the way some birth professionals around here are behaving. I'm really surprised I'm not pissed, but I'm not. Instead, I'm disappointed that they lack the better character I assumed them. Sigh.
I'm glad I chose not to stay and learn the Secret Handshake. Don't want to be that kind of person. That's all I'm going to say.
Dumb, cryptic rant but I can't say more. A shame, because usually this is the best way things off my chest.

Onward...
I'm newly excited about a new birth project. It's fun and filling my days.

Also: our tenant announced he's moving out in late September. This left me terrified and flabbergasted. His rent definitely helps pay the mortgage on this beast of an old house. We're going to try to push on without renting out to anyone. Greg's already started his mad 12 hour work shifts and working days off. While fretting and looking online at part time jobs, the senior home care place I just started doing called me and said the woman I worked with Friday loves me and wants me to stay permanently with them for Friday afternoons. Yaay! Then they asked if I wanted more hours, that they have something weekday evenings possibly opening up. I said definitely and was told they'd get back to me next week. So I'm hoping it's some great, everything-falls-into-place type of situation. That's faith, is it not? And what a sweet message that they should call while I'm scanning through 497 jobs on Mlive.com?

And more: talks have resumed with my mother about her moving in upstairs. Still waiting on her house to sell. Pray it happens soon. She's divorced but feels she can't leave the house because her bonehead exhusband won't pay the bills, or take care of the place so it will sell. So she stays to make sure everything is taken care of. If it sells, she can get her half of the sale and move out. She wants to move in upstairs, which would be so, so wonderful. I'm not so naive to think there'd be no growing pains, but at least she'd have her own kitchen and bathroom, living room and bedroom. And the best part would be feeling like I could whole-heartedly take on birth work knowing that I have reliable and very nearby night time child care. Greg's shift has changed again (since they're so busy again after Big 3 layoffs) and instead of starting at 4am, they start at 3am. Which means he's waking at 1am. Ugh, so crazy!
We're really going to have to get the kids on an earlier bedtime schedule once school starts if I do start this evening job. Like 7pm bedtime instead of 8pm. I think we could handle that. That's still only 6 hours of sleep for Greg. But for those that know him, that's like 10 hours for normal folks.

And here's a picture, just for the sake of having something nice to look at. Sarah, Sam, Ella and Eamon at County Farm Park last week in those weird water trough play things. The pig statues are adorable though! I would love to have a few placed at random in the yard.

Realized I have to get some school clothes for Sarah. Fortunately, the girl loves clothes and my so-smart family helps out and gets her new clothes for her Sept. 1 birthday. She needs new shoes and also a new shirt for Brownies (somehow her old on got washed and dried with a blue crayon). Also realized that I have to figure out a birthday party for my girl. She always wants to invite 30 kids (and no, we don't know 30 kids~ she'll mention one kid she met at the park 6 months ago and how I should stalk and track them down to hand them an invite). Me, I want the cousins (only 2 young ones), Sam and Ella, maybe her closest school friend and grandparents, aunts and uncles. Home made cake and kids running through the yard and that's it. It's always such a hassle with Sarah because she morphs into Martha Stewart and wants to create table votives and center pieces and a whole menu of stuff to eat. Seriously will make a great wedding planner someday. It's my fault for letting her watch "Who's Wedding Is It Anyway?" on the Style channel with me. Her fab ideas would cost me a fortune (and a lot of tulle) if I let her. Her lame old mama wants to make a cake from scratch and hand out fake tattoos.

Oh, I should mention Eamon's sweet new thing that he made up all on his own: he put his hands together with finger tips touching (like a triangle) and said: Look Mama! I asked:What is that?

He said: My house! Me: Ooo, can I come in it? E: YES! and then, keeping his fingers together like a steeple, he swung his arms around my neck and hugged me. He does it all the time now, asking all of us if we want to come in his house. It's too sweet. "Wanna come in my house?" And then he'll ask you: "Can I come in your house?"

These kids are crazy at times, but so worth the craziness, I tell ya.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter