Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Boring, every day post

I just received the flight information for G's trip home.
Crazy itinerary!
Fly from Metro at 10pm; arrive 8 hours, 45 minutes later in Amsterdam at 11:40am.
An hour and a half layover in Amsterdam.
Then fly to Manchester; that flight is 1 and 1/2 hours long.

He leaves Friday night, arrives in the UK Saturday afternoon. The funeral for Nan is Monday. He leaves Wednesday morning to come home. He'll have the same flight schedule for the way back.
That will be a looooong 5 days. Yikes.

G and his friends started processing the chickens yesterday. They are huge meat birds! He only brought one home last night. He brought it in a garbage bag because they had nothing that could hold it whole. I weighed the wrapped chicken in my baby scale and it weighed 7 pounds, 4 oz! It's like a small turkey. There's no fat on it; it looks lovely and fresh. I'm roasting it now. I am planning on it taking 2-3 hours. I've never roasted a chicken before. My mom and sister used to all the time when I was growing up. Hopefully it comes out all right.
It smells good.

I borrowed the movie The Magus from the library this week. It's an old Michael Caine film (I heart Michael Caine) from the John Fowles book by the same name. My friend Chuck had me read that book when I first met him years ago. It's a really good but trippy book. I'm still not sure why he had me read it. I had no idea it was made into a movie (sometime in the early 70s).
My plans tonight are to put the kids to bed and watch The Magus.

Oh, and my cute, girly Arbonne consultant is bringing my new powder foundation and exfoliating scrub tonight. It's been on back order for a few weeks. She's driving over an hour to bring it to me. I told her to just mail it, or wait to the weekend and I'd meet her half way, but she said she'd bring it out. She's serious about cosmetics.
I really do like the Arbonne products. I bought an embarrassing dollar amount of it this summer as I prepared mentally to turn 34. I had similar neuroses at 24, 29, and now 34. Heavens knows what the hell I'll need to do when I'm turning 39.
Right now, I'm obsessed by my laugh lines. But hey, I do see the positive light~ at least they're not those horrid, sour-lemon lines, right? Shows I laugh more than frown, cringe, or scream. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

i dont notice any laugh lines but then again i may just look at your mug too often to notice.

10:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter