Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday after the Fair




Enjoying fresh-from-the-grease french fries at the State Fair.
We had a great time. The weather was perfect~ only arouned 74 with no humidity and a nice wind. Blue skies and nice people all around.

The kids rode rides ($3 a ride!), we saw many animals, we used Purell on our hands countless times, and we even had the chocolate milk in the cow barn. My dad (who is in the picture with the kids) was a little pissy about the Bottomless Cup being 50 cents now instead of 25, but he got over it and slammed two whole cups on top of the greasy pepper and onion-laden Italian sausage he had just before we got to the cow barn.
We left tired, happy, very full and kind of nauseas, but that's how you hope to leave the Fair.

Today I have a prenatal here at the house followed by a meeting with a local doula who wants to pick my brain about becoming a midwife, followed by looking at a local office space that's for rent.
Then I need to get S her walkie-talkies she's asked for her birthday and once home again, make the Laura Ingall's wedding cake we're having for her birthday tomorrow.
Did I mention we're having a Little House on the Prairie party?
Oh yes, we have bonnets for the girls and straw cowboy hats for the boys. We'll be churning butter, having cornbread, beans and hotdogs. Woo-hoo. I'll be Caroline Ingalls with tattoos, flip flops and over-sized sunglasses.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Laura Ingalls Wilder stories. I grew up reading them in the UK and that has always affected the way I look at the US so it was rather I shock when I finally moved over here. I still love it though. What timeless tales and what a lovely theme for a birthday party. I will be reading my girls all of the stories as they grow. Have a lovely day and happy birthday to your little girl! :)

3:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter