Thursday, September 27, 2007

Wish I had a Cubicle

I finally broke down and bought the Microsoft package yesterday so that I could make a Power Point presentation on home birth midwifery. I've been a woman obsessed since I've installed it. Fortunately, little E fell asleep at a very early 6pm and stayed asleep. S went to bed a little later than usual because I let her watch TV in exchange for leaving me along while I tried to formulate a presentation. Then I stayed up too late (a pathetic 11pm here), and today I've come down with the cold that's been trying to nab me for a week.
I feel like crap. I've got to pick up S and her friend from school~ hang out an extra 15 minutes until the other girl's mom gets there. Tomorrow they don't have school. But somehow I said I'd watch two friends at EIGHT IN THE MORNING. Silly me, crabby me. Just started my period and have a low-grade fever Me.
I will be watching one of the girls until noon. The other will be staying the night. That is a long time with someone else's kid. But I cannot complain. I'm dropping them both off at an overnight Brownie camp at 8am Saturday and don't have to pick S up until noon on Sunday.

I bought table space at this weekend's Red Tent event ala Birth Network. Must get a card table for that. I'm regretting signing up now. Don't want to spend 5 hours feeding meter and meekly smiling at the public. Nothing like menstruating to make me feel like a nervous, anxious 13 year old girl. With a low-grade fever.

Off to pick up my lovely child who will pester me to pack her camping backpack as soon as she gets home despite not leaving for another 36 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter