Thursday, September 20, 2007

PUSHED wide awake

I've just started reading the book PUSHED
by Jennifer Block. I think I might only be 50-60 pages into it. It's reiterating what any natural birth enthusiast knows about modern-day obstetrics, but it's still making me fume to read quote after quote of money-driven, fear-based MDs try to justify the shit they put women through. Having said that, they do have my sympathy. What a fucked up way to practice...this American way of medicine.
So now I'm up, trying to calm my brain a little so that I can fall asleep without having hospital birth dreams (I had one last night after reading a handful of PUSHED pages...)

Back to Terry Pratchett for a good night's sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter