Thursday, February 19, 2009

In the thick of it

The first trimester for me means:

incredible fatigue (8pm bedtimes, every night)
incredible nausea (heaving ~ 4-5 times a day, with actual vomit maybe 3 times a week)
no energy or will power to work out (although the retching is keeping my abs firm!)
the need to eat something every 1.5 hours or I will have hell to pay

Woo hoo! As you can imagine, I've been a ball of fun around here lately. Work has been nice though. Births have been lovely (and none-too-long), and with a little homeopathic Nux Vomica, constant snacking and carbonated beverages, I feel fine for a few hours at a time.

Today was a sensory overload day.
I walked into the office and smelled one of those especially fine toddler diapers being changed right then and there. Whoooo, stinky!
I had a quick break in the day so I went to Plum Market to get something to eat because I foolishly forgot to bring food with me. I saw a gorgeous 2 year old sitting in a cart while her mama scooped soup from the hot bar. I smiled at the girl and thought she had a strange look on her face. 30 seconds later the poor kid was puking everywhere, tho silently. Her mama didn't notice at first. I ran over with a handful of napkins and another carry-out soup cup to catch the gratuitous vomit. Holy cow, I nearly lost it myself. I shouted for a mop and snatched more napkins.
Ay yi yi.
I finished up eating a few plain and salty potato chips (which seem to neutralize the ever present urpy feeling) and a soda.
When I came back to the office, I noticed flecks of vomit on my pants cuffs during a prenatal. Lovely!
Strange how many items of my clothing have remnants of other people's bodily fluids. ;)

Now I'm at home in my jammies. Catching up on emails, posting a very lame blog post and about to get the kids in bed. No vomit on my pants.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful news! congrats!

11:23 PM

 
Blogger leaner said...

Umm.... are you pregnant? How did I miss that! AH! Congrats!

9:41 PM

 
Blogger Mid-life Midwife said...

Leaner,
I outed myself on my Urban Homesteader blog not too long ago. :) Thanks for the congrats!

2:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter