Saturday, November 07, 2009

One Month, Already?!


Actually, our girl is a little over a month old now. Wow. Time is flying. Life is so full!
I can't even say "busy" because that sounds negative. It's just FULL. And that's okay. I'm trying to wrap my head around how to keep up with kids, husband, meal planning, cooking, chickens, garden wrap-up, school projects, theater practice, reading to E, helping S study her times tables, and being back to work.
It's nice being back in the office. It's nice being back at work and enjoying it again. Those last few weeks of my pregnancy left me with little empathy. For shame, I know. It's just where I was emotionally folks. And no, I didn't like feeling that way. Is it strange to say my hands have missed feeling pregnant bellies/babies? Well they have. I love talking with the women and their families and feel blessed as always to be a midwife.
On a side note, I've been taking M with me to prenatals and she's been awesome. She's our youngest apprentice yet. ;)

I've stayed up late on a Saturday night to order pictures via Snapfish from my pregnancy, M's birth and her first month on the outside. Last year, my friend Kate gifted me a gorgeous photo book for my birthday. At the time, G and I had just secretly started trying to conceive. I knew as soon as I received the book that I would use it for the baby we were trying for. Now it is time to fill it with pictures.
Blogging and Facebook are nice to share digital photos, but I still love to have actual prints in frames and books to thumb through and enjoy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's so beautiful and how much she has changed already in just this short month!

6:54 PM

 
Blogger Grace said...

How beautiful is she? I can't wait to meet her.

9:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
www.birthproject.com

Free Blog Counter